At a glance:
- South America’s largest country
- The greatest collection of plant and animal species found anywhere on earth
- Cities full of rhythm, culture, beautiful people and great food
Why we love Brazil
- New Years at the beach in Rio de Janeiro, known as Revellion, is something we experienced when we were younger and was probably our best New Years yet!
- We’ve got fabulous memories of strolling the streets of Pelourinho in Salvador de Bahia – the architecture, history and ‘Bahians’ ladies are fascinating
- We think Jericoacara (or ‘Jeri’) is one of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil; we love relaxing in the sand dunes with a caipirinha in hand
Few countries drum up the same colour, energy and ‘Joi de Vivre’ as Brazil. From the pink dolphins and scarlet macaws of the Amazon to the rhythm-filled metropolis of Rio de Janiero, it’s one of the world’s most captivating countries and you will love your Brazil Vacation. Add in a love for Festas (festivals), music and dancing, and Brazil offers visitors an experience that’s impossible to find anywhere else.
Rio de Janeiro – city of the Cariocas, who are known for their friendliness and laid back spirit – is undoubtedly a Cidade Maravilhosa (Marvelous City). Tumbling down between a National Park and glittering white sand beaches, its geography is something out of a movie.
“Rio” symbolizes as well a pretty special place for us – the company´s founders grew up part of their childhood here and actually one of them, Clara, was born in Rio, so she is actually a “Carioca” herself.
While in Rio, a must do is taking the gondola up Sugar Loaf Mountain to get your bearings – the views of Copacabana and Ipanema Beaches, and of the city itself, are something pretty special. Explore the quirky suburb of Santa Teresa, visit a Favela and make sure you order Churrasco, or Brazilian BBQ, one evening. Speaking of evenings, Rio comes alive at nightfall. Take a Samba class then, if you’re game, head to one of the city’s many clubs after dinner for a night of people watching.
There’s so much more to Brazil than Rio. Hop a boat cruise up the Amazon River, leaving from Manaus, the capital city of the Amazonas region. Spot caimans, monkeys, birds, pink dolphins and more in one of the most diverse countries in the world. Cultural wonders also abound here – multi-colored floating markets, charming wooden houses and a huge river port. Make sure your camera is charged!
There’s also the Pantanal, which is the largest tropical wetland area in the world. Known as the ‘Brazilian Savannah’, rare and unique animals like the river otter and marsh deer can be seen here. Staying at an Eco Lodge is the way to go.
For a vibrant, diverse travel experience, Brazil is an incredible addition to your itinerary. One of our travel designers would love to help you make the most of this colorful country.