At a glance:
- Whales, penguins, albatross, seals – there’s wildlife galore
- A cruise is one of the best ways to explore Antarctica’s magnificence
- Weather, rather than timetables, tend to determine the itinerary
Why we love Antarctica
- Paddling quietly amongst the seals, icebergs and penguins in a kayak is an experience we’ll never forget
- We once went camping in Antarctica, in the very middle of the snow surrounded by ice and leopard seals – what a memory!
- Clara is a little obsessed with the baby penguins of Antarctica, and loved whale watching – wildlife viewing doesn’t get any better than this
More beautiful than you can imagine, nothing compares to the ‘frozen continent’. A vast, white wilderness; Antarctica is spectacular when it comes to elemental forces.
This is a land of extremes. Extreme cold, extreme remoteness, extreme weather. But there’s nothing quite like Antarctica to make you embrace life fully – the craggy beauty of a huge glacier, or the magnificence of a humpback whale, promise to take your breath away.
Unsurprisingly, a cruise has got to be the best way to embrace all that Antarctica has to offer. Seeing the continent from both land and ocean offers different perspectives. The Antarctic Treaty is what keeps this place frozen in time – the abundant wildlife and little evidence of man is heartening to witness. There’s nothing like exploring a place nearly completely free of humankind to make you feel more alive.
Let one of our travel designers’ help you embrace all that Antarctica has to offer – it truly is the trip of a lifetime.